Writing resumes and cover letters can be painful. To present yourself in the best possible way, you’ve got to put in a lot of time and thought into the employer, the job description, and how your skills match up. And advice on these topics tends to be, for lack of a better word, persnickety. Do this, don’t do that, etc., etc., etc.
Personally, I hate updating mine — I’m sure as much as you hate updating yours. So I thought I’d ease your pain. Here are six of my favorite DiceTV episodes on resumes and cover letter.
- Your Resume MUST Focus on Your Audience
- To Connect with Employers, Customize Your Cover Letter
- How to Make Your Resume an Effective INTERVIEW Tool
- Stats Make the Resume
- Are Cover Letters Really Necessary?
- Tips On Being a Better Writer