The need for real-time information by business leaders and the development of technology that can meet them have been growing steadily for some time, so the rise of Big Data jobs isn’t much of a surprise. As tools to harness detailed information and analytics spread into more corners of management — even small businesses are looking for ways to use them — the need for people who can build applications and understand the meaning behind the numbers is only going to increase.
Here are seven of our favorite stories on Big Data, compiled to give you some background and some insight into where new jobs might be and how existing positions may be affected.
- Big Data Means More Need for Hadoop Skills
- More on Big Data: Analytic Skills Are the Key
- Big Data’s Good News for BI, Data Mining Experts
- Big Data Will Need 1.5 Million Data Scientists
- Cloudera Wants to Fund Hadoop Projects
- More Big Data Jobs from the Government