Is there enough job security for you in a secondary market? Tell us what you think in the comments below.
The efforts are manifestations of the increasing demand for software engineers around the country.
- In Detroit, Shifting Code is offering software engineering training to tap into a new workforce.
- In South Florida, salaries are up as local companies increase their IT initiatives and use local talent to accomplish them.
- In Philadelphia, Philly Tech Week is highlighting the local tech community and the initiatives to support them.
- In rural Texas, a CGI Group is taking advantage of a state initiative to build a new office intended to attract several hundred employees.
- In Boulder, Colo., companies are flying in tech candidates to give them a first-hand look at the area.